Sie benutzen Internet Explorer 6. Dieser Browser wird bald 10 Jahre alt und fällt deswegen durch Sicherheitslücken und Fehldarstellungen moderner Webseiten auf. Bitte aktualisieren Sie in Ihrem eigenen Interesse Ihren Browser.
The organ front was built by Arp Schnitger in 1709.
A view of the Choir organ interior and painted organ gallery: the organ front and fundamentals (surrounded by the carved wooden casing) are still the original ones built by Schnitger.
The new organ pipes (1982) were made by the organ-builder Alfred Führer from Wilhelmshaven.
The Choir organ can be seen in the photograph, but not the entire organ front.
Behind the Choir organ is a picture portraying the shepherds receiving the good tidings at Christmas (Luke 2) (so look up when you leave the church).
Payments to organists are recorded in the church books as far back as the sixteenth century. No note was made of who built the organ, or what it looked like at the time. In 1678/79 Arp Schnitger, from Stade, repaired the organ and enlarged it by adding a separate pedal board. Thirty years later (in 1709), Schnitger entirely rebuilt the organ. The work was over-seen by the workman he had trained, Nicolaus Stöver. The organ was given a "new shape" ("neue Structur"), which is the front still seen today. A document dated 1764 testifies to the fact that the organ was repaired by Marcus Hinrich Petersen. Petersen added an 8' Vox humana to the Great organ, most probably located where the original cymbel had been situated. Johann Paul Geycke, from Hamburg, also carried out large-scale work on the organ in 1772 and further repairs were made in 1789, 1807 and 1834/35 by the organ-building family Wilhelmy / Wilhelm from Stade. Reference is made to Schnitger's arrangement of the organ by Renken and in an expertise carried out by Philipp Furtwängler, which is virtually correct.
Spitzflöte 4'Nazard 3'Super
Waldflöte 2'Mixture 4-6f. 1
Vox humana 8'
|Principal 4' Quintadena 8'
Rohr flute 4'
Sharp mixture, 4f.
Dulciana mixture 8'
Block flute 4'
Sifflöte (whistle flute) 2'
Cor de nuit 2'
Mixture 4 f.Trombone 16'
Reworked compass: Manual - CDEFGA-c³, Pedals: CDE-d1, 2 cymbel stars, 2 tremulants, 4 couplers, 6 bellows.
In 1914 the magnificent Schnitger organ was replaced by a new one, which was built by Faber & Greve from Salzhemmendorf. The pipes of the 8' Principal on the Great, those of the 4' Principal of the Choir and the 16' Principal on the Pedal organ were laid idle. Instead, a pneumatic organ with 24 stops, a transmission system and a large number of other mechanical aids was built in.
In 1978 Rudolf Janke from Bovenden carried out the initial restoration work on the Schnitger organ front, by stiffening and restoring the organ front casing and securing the older funda-mentals. In 1980/82 a new mechanical sound-board organ was built by Alfred Führer of Wilhelmshaven, with 22 stops on the Great, Choir and Pedal organs. During rebuilding, the Schnitger fundamentals were restored so that they could be played again. The cymbel stars were the work of Georg Wilhelm (1807). Two wedge-shaped bellows from the Schreiber organ in Loxstedt (near Cuxhaven) provide the wind-flow required.
Peter Golon 1983 from the book by Golon-Kröncke "Historische Orgeln im Landkreis Stade" [Historical organs in the Stade region], Stade, 1983.
In 1999 the organ-builder Alfred Führer of Wilhelmshaven replaced the 8' Gedact on the Pedal organ by an 8' Octave.
Peter Golon 1983 from the book by Golon-Kröncke "Historische Orgeln im Landkreis Stade" [Historical organs in the Stade region], Stade, 1983. In 1999 the organbuilder Alfred Führer of Wilhelmshaven replaced the 8' Gedact on the Pedal organ by an 8' Octave.